Welcome to Yama-Nui Recording Studio
Nestled on a quiet acreage on top of Kiels Mountain on the Sunshine Coast, Yama-Nui Recording Studio is a space to collect your thoughts, breathe the fresh air and capture your music away from the hustle and bustle. Designed to be professional, comfortable and creative, our 90 m2 studio has 3 recording rooms and a large control room, specifically suited to recording fully live and features fantastic visibility and flexibility between all rooms. Surrounded by a young permaculture garden and fruit forest, situated only 15 minutes from the beach and the Sunshine Coast Hinterland, whether you’re laying down tracks or relaxing between takes, Yama-Nui is full of refreshing and nourishing creative options. Visit our contact page to get in touch with our Studio Manager Steve Summers or in house engineers/producers Paulie B ‘Lord Tanuki Himself’, OJ Newcomb ‘Eco-Tone’ & Steve Summers ‘Stonewax Productions’.
The Control Room
3.5 x 4.5m
Built to a golden ratio for the ultimate mixing & playback experience and acoustically treated with Bass Traps, Low Mid Traps, Mid High Absorbers and diffusion to balance the frequencies and offer a neutral sound.
The Large Room
6.5 x 4.5m
Room treatment is split into 2 ends with a ‘dead’ end & a ‘live’ end which features 2 floor to ceiling custom made book shelves that double as a modular acoustic treatment system for personalised recording options. Also features large Bass Traps, plenty of Low Mid Absorbers and ceiling diffusers, Gobos and clouds throughout.
The Small Room
2.5 x 4.0m
Perfect dry room & smooth vocal booth. This room also features an Amplifier cupboard and Large Bass Traps, Low & High Mid Absorbers, diffusers and ceiling absorption.
Yama-nui Recording Studios offers a wide range of professional services to the music industry including Recording, Arranging, Producing, Mixing & Mastering, as well as ‘dry room hire’ of the studio, Composition, Sound Design, Film Soundtrack & Jingle Recording Services. We also offer a world class team of professional studio session musicians you can book to perform on your recording.
- Our Live Room & Small Room both feature fresh air vents which pump oxygen to you 24/7 through external soundproof silencer boxes to enhance recording focus & mental longevity.
- Full AirCon throughout.
- Carefully designed modular acoustic treatment for recording flexibility.
- 40 input paths + room to room ‘in out & through’ XLR, TRS and SPEAKON connections giving the option to record in any large band format utilising all 4 isolated rooms (5 with the bathroom!)
- Digital hearback system with individual control hubs feeding each player a customisable 8 channel mix for comfort & productivity
- Extensive collection of vintage microphones, instruments and equipment to capture the gold..
- Universal Audio ‘Apollo’ recording system + much more ..
- Outdoor chill space with treetop & hinterland views, BBQ and firepit, amidst permaculture gardens.